Tae-Hee Jo is Associate Professor in the Economics and Finance Department at The State University of New York, Buffalo State. Jo is a heterodox microeconomist. His research focuses on the heterodox theory of the business enterprise, market governance and market regulation, (critiques of) corporate social responsibility, the social surplus approach, and social welfare. He has published articles and book reviews in American Journal of Economics and Sociology, Journal of Economic Issues, Forum for Social Economics, Bulletin of Political Economy, Review of Social and Economic Studies, Review of Political Economy, and On the Horizon. He is the former co-editor of the Heterodox Economics Newsletter (2010-2013). He is the editor of Microeconomic Theory: A Heterodox Approach (by Frederic S. Lee, Routledge, 2017) and the co-editor of the Routledge Handbook of Heterodox Economics (Routledge, 2017), Advancing the Frontiers of Heterodox Economics: Essays in Honor of Frederic S. Lee (Routledge, 2015), Marx, Veblen, and the Foundations of Heterodox Economics: Essays in Honor of John F. Henry (Routledge, 2015) and Heterodox Analysis of Financial Crisis and Reform: History, Politics, and Economics (Edward Elgar, 2011), and a special issue of On the Horizon (2012). Jo received a Ph.D. degree from the University of Missouri—Kansas City (2007).
- Co-Editor, Heterodox Economics Newsletter, 2010 – 2013
- Board Member, Association for Evolutionary Economics, 2015 – present
- Board Member, Association for Institutional Thought, 2011 – 2014
- Editorial Board, Forum for Social Economics, 2016 – present
- Editorial Board, American Journal of Economics and Sociology, 2010 – 2013
- Editorial Board, Review of Radical Political Economics, 2010 – 2013
- Member of Association for Evolutionary Economics (AFEE), Association for Institutional Thought (AFIT), Association for Heterodox Economics (AHE), Association for Social Economics (ASE), Korean Association for Political Economy (KAPE), Union for Radical Political Economics (URPE), and World Economics Association (WEA)
- Referee for American Journal of Economics and Sociology, Journal of Economic Issues, Journal of Post Keynesian Econmics, Review of Radical Political Economics, Review of Political Economy, Review of Social Economy, Forum for Social Economics, International Journal of Pluralism and Econonic Education, Economic and Labour Relations Review, On the Horizon, Sage Open, Routledge, MIT Press.